Today, I woke up, took a shower and then made a late lunch for me and my boyfriend. I scrambled up some eggs, air fried hash brown rounds, heated up the leftover steak and made some toast. Simple, but it hit the spot. Hope everyone has a good Friday!
Steak Dinner For Two
Tonight I made a steak dinner for my guy. It’s his favorite meal…
Here’s what the meal included:
- Ribeye steaks
- Loaded garlic mashed potatoes
- Garlic green beans
- Caesar salad
Simple Instructions (FYI, I do not measure):
- I started by cutting up the bacon slow cooking the on the stovetop for bacon bits.
- I then peeled and cut up 7 potatoes ( I love leftovers) and boiled them.
- When the potatoes were almost done, I put a splash of water in a zip-lock bag and steamed the green beans for 4 minutes in the microwave.
- I seasoned the steak and cooked them in the Ninja Foodi using the preset grill setting at medium rare 4. I like to use the thermometer, perfect every time!
- While the steaks cooked, I drained the potatoes, mashed and seasoned them.
- I also cut up the romaine and tossed with parmesan cheese, croutons, dressing and bacon
- I sautéed the garlic on the stovetop with a splash of olive oil and a little bit of butter.
- When everything was done, I added the green beans to the garlic and tossed them for about a minute.
- Olive oil
- Dried parsley flakes
Loaded Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- Russet potatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Sour cream
- Fresh bacon bits
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
Garlic Green Beans:
- Fresh green beans
- Olive oil
- Minced Garlic (jar)
- Romaine lettuce
- Fresh parmesan cheese
- Caesar dressing
- Caesar croutons
- Fresh bacon bits
It’s Never Too Late
To anyone who thinks they’re stuck, you’re not. I know it may feel that way, but the truth is that we can take control of our lives at any time. It takes some of us longer to understand and realize that, better late than never. Whether it’s a toxic relationship, job, living situation, etc., you are the author of your own story. If you’re unhappy, sit back and evaluate your life and find ways to improve your situation. No it’s not selfish. Although, it does appear that way to others and ourselves. It may include setting up boundaries with people. You may lose people you were once close to as well. It’s all part of the growth. If people aren’t supportive of your changes or respectful of your boundaries, then they were never meant to be a permanent part of your story. It may not happen overnight, but it’s a step in the right direction.
Trust me, it’s never too late to make the appropriate changes to lead to a happier life. It took me 15 years to realize I was never going to be content with my life if I didn’t walk away. It’s a sad, harsh reality. But you know what’s worse? Staying in a toxic or shitty situation just because you’re comfortable. It’s so easy to become comfortable being disrespected, abused or defeated. When you feel hopeless, it takes a lot of convincing internally to become self aware. If you feel any of these things, I encourage you to spend some time working on self love. We all deserve to be happy. There is no wrong time to start over. It could be the best decision of your life.